Armata Rossa, Offensiva Lvov–Sandomierz, 13 Luglio – 29 Agosto 1944.
1) Carro medio T-34-85 (scafo mod.1943, torretta mod.1944), III Armata Carri della Guardia, VII Corpo Carri della Guardia.
2) Armata Rossa, fuciliere, tenuta estiva da battaglia. Armato con fucile 7.62mm Mosin-Nagant M91/30.
3) Armata Rossa, pilota di carri, tenuta estiva da battaglia. Sullo sfondo una medaglia "Otlichny Tankist" (Carrista Eccellente).
4) Carro pesante IS-2 (modello di produzione iniziale 1943), unità sconosciuta.
>> Nota dell'artista - La documentazione per questa tavola è stata lunghissima e complicata. Per quanto l'intero procedimento (dall'idea al definitivo che vedete) sia stato un vero spasso per me, trovare il materiale giusto nel mare magnum di pubblicazioni sull'argomento non è stato affatto semplice. Datazioni e dettagli sembrano variare a seconda delle fonti; ad esempio, semplicemente trovare l'esatta versione della torretta del T-34 ha richiesto alcuni giorni di studio (esistono tra le 4 e le 10 versioni diverse di torrette da 85mm, a seconda delle fonti). Quindi, spero mi perdonerete se qualche dettaglio potrebbe non risultare assolutamente perfetto. <<
Red Army, Lvov–Sandomierz Offensive, 13 July – 29 August 1944.
1) T-34-85 medium tank (hull mod.1943, turret mod.1944), 3rd Guards Tank Army, 7th Guards Tank Corps.
2) Red Army rifleman, summer field dress. Armed with a Mosin-Nagant M91/30 7.62mm rifle.
3) Red Army tank driver, summer field dress. On the background an "Otlichny Tankist" (Excellent Tankist) Badge.
4) IS-2 heavy tank (early 1943 production), unknown unit.
>> Artist note - The documentation phase for this piece was very long and quite ticky. Even if I enjoyed the entire production process (from the idea to the finished piece you're looking) and was great fun, finding the right source material in the ocean of books and articles about this subject wasn't easy at all. Specs dating and many details seem to vary from source to source; for example, to find the exact turret version for the T-34 required a few days of studies (there seem to be between 4 and 10 different 85mm turret versions, depending on which source you take). Thus, I hope you'll understand if a few details might not be absolutely perfect. <<
Born in dicemder the 21st 1982 in Milan, Italy. |
I’ve always been interested in drawing and writing stories since I was a child. My fantasy grew a lot thanks to the Italian "Anime Boom" in the late '80s / early '90s, when hundreds of Japanese cartoons were broadcasted on TV. At the end of the Intermediate School (6th to 8th grade in US), I attended the Liceo Artistico A. Frattini (Art High School), in Varese.
In the summer of 1999 – between the 3rd and the 4th High School year – I saw the light: Comics. A friend of mine suggested me to see some Anime movies, such as Ghost in the Shell and Akira, and the TV series Neon Genesis Evangelion. In those years I started developing my drawing style and writing stories (which are only waiting to be published) I still continue.
In 2001 I got a diploma with good marks, but even before the end of High School I worked on some drawings for school text books, for Italian publishers like Bruno Mondadori and Principato.
In 2002 I met Greta, my kindred spirit, and my life has been pushed forward by a great positive force.
During 2004, I was bogged down in hundreds of ideas and projects, but then I saw the light again: my old passion for dinosaurs came back into me powerfully. During the summer of the same year I met the paleontologist Marco Signore, and we soon became friends and a fantastic work team in my first project, which begun in 2006: the "Dinosaurs" series, which tells the Mesozoic in six graphic novels published in Italy, USA, Japan, France, South Korea and Germany. This big project is finished after more than 4 years of work, and now I'm preparing to go on this difficult road.